Saturday, March 18, 2017

3-16 & 17-2017 On the Road

This RVing life is quite pleasant; Sleep late, eat often and see the nation. Today however I became quite nervous. The wind is blowing me all over the road. When I got headed straight into it I was forced to use lower gears and slow down. Used twice as much gas and my knuckles are sore from gripping the wheel so tight. To pass the time I listened to some radio news.....that was a mistake!
I went from fear to anger over these so called Journalists and their lop-sided, prejudicial, pick and choose reporting. I think that truth, integrity and morals are never a part of their training. They only talk about the parts and pieces of the news that degrade, destroy, deceive and generate fear. I would like to shut down all news giants, fire the whole bunch and start over or at the very least begin a grading system and let the voters decide who we are forced to listen to. I would also like to see term-limits on all Legislators both federal and state ( I can dream, can't I ). The news was filled with projections, predictions and made-up numbers of all the thousands of people that would be without insurance coverage in the future. This is the work of a Prophet not a Journalist! Several Congress representatives have the new bill on their web-sites to be explored by any interested party. Do these journalist read this to us and then explain the flaws, applaud the improvements over the current system? No! Hour after hour of bashing, blaming, degrading and down right lying to us all. After listening to the reports of how far the popularity-ratings of the President had fallen since he introduced his health-care plan I stumbled on a rally in Nashville Tennessee where the people stood in line for five hours to hear the President speak ( On the Internet, I gave up on the radio) by the thousands. They cheered, clapped and stood to their feet as he shared each point of this new health-care bill. I have yet to see one word of this speech on any TV, radio or in the paper. This is why I say that Journalist are empty of integrity, truth and plain old honesty. They write and say what their pay-master demands. I know this is a wide brush and unfair to many so I apologize to the Journalists that are honest, fair and truthful and I will pray for you to find employment and fulfillment in your chosen profession. I really know how this must make some of you Journalists feel as this tirade is as much the same as the news (Fake News) I found out on the road today. I have been treated this way all my adult life; grouped and labeled, derided and defamed, kicked and shamed.....all because I am part of a group......Preachers.

Arrived at my destination in one piece......looked in the eyes of my Grandchildren.....forgot about a bad day's drive.

No comments: